Software Engineer, Tata 1mg
About the session
In-Person Workshop - Cornerstones of web performance and how to conquer them.
We’ll cover the ins and outs of web performance and figure out what metrics should you track for your application and what optimisations make the biggest impact for those metrics. We’ll also start off with a dummy application and continue to optimise it as we walk through certain topics.
This workshop would cover these certain topics primarily with small detours based on the attendees doubts and interest:
- Why web performance matters
- Different types of web performance needs and the metrics for them
- Crucial web metrics explained
- Break down of the entire user-server pipeline for performance
- Low level API discovery and usage
- Analysis of different types of assets (fonts, images, videos, JS, CSS, html) and how to optimally usage
- Leveraging the modern web- H2, service workers, worker threads, SXG etc
Some prior understanding of React, bundlers, basic browser fundamentals when it comes to reading the HTML would help in grasping the concepts faster.
22nd Sept, 2022
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM